Interview with Andrea Nakayama on The 15-Minute Matrix.
The number of devices and the kinds of digital media we’re exposed to nowadays have exploded making it a tough landscape for parents to navigate. There are growing concerns among parents and health professionals about the impact these devices and the amount of screen time have on children, their sleep, and their behavior. Adults are not immune to this either. Listen in for some recommendations that can be applied to both parents and children.
In this podcast we’ll cover:
- Amount of screen time is correlated with higher risk for mental health issues
- Increase in ADD, ADHD, depression, anxiety and other mood disorders with kids and teens
- GI issues can manifest due to the stress caused by excessive screen time
- Blue light suppresses melatonin production; people not getting enough deep sleep
- Relationships and social interactions suffer because of too much screen time
For more on the topic of Screentime and Electronics check out these articles …
Another good resource for learning more about screentime and behavioral issues in children is my podcast The Better Behavior Show.
Do you have any particular rules or tools for electronic use around your home? Comment below.
What You Should Do Next:
Sign up for my Better Behavior Naturally community newsletter
Sign up for my newsletter to get tips, resources, and supports to improve your child’s attention, anxiety, mood, and behavior…while making your job as a parent easier.
Enroll in one of my workshops
Check out one of my many workshops where you’ll join my exclusive community of parents in a one-of-a-kind virtual resource accessible 24/7. Whether you’ve got a child with a diagnosis like autism or ADHD, or are becoming more and more frustrated with a child who struggles to listen and cope, these workshops are designed to give you the information, tools, and support you need…whenever you need it.