Divided into the 5 most important areas to create changes quickly—nutrition, sleep, movement, connection, and cognition—Life Will Get Better provides parents with the understanding and empowerment they need to get to the root and see real change in their family’s life.
My son was diagnosed with special needs at the age of five, and I only wish I had this brilliant book back then. It would have saved me tens of thousands of dollars and countless hours that I spent digging and searching for the answers that Dr. Beurkens has so thoughtfully compiled into one easy to use reference. From nutrition, to sleep, to strategies both the child and the parent can use to cope with difficult and sometimes frustrating issues; I can only say thank you Dr. Beurkens for putting together this lifesaver of a book!"
YOU'LL LEARN THINGS LIKE:
- The most important foods to reduce and eliminate in your child’s diet to improve symptoms.
- Research-based nutrient solutions that you can quickly and easily take to your child’s healthcare provider for discussion.
- How to help your child to calm down in the evening so bedtime is quicker and easier.
- How to get your child to sleep on their own so you can have time in the evening to relax.
- Specific movement techniques to improve focus and make homework time easier and more effective.
- How to reduce your child’s electronics use and what to replace the time with instead.
- Communication strategies for reducing and eliminating repetitive verbal behavior.
- How to stop the cycle of arguments, negotiations, and negative talk at home.
- Strategies to help your child become more aware of others and what’s going on around them.
- The simple, 4-step process to improving flexibility and helping your child better tolerate and embrace change.
- Ways to help your child learn from mistakes and improve problem solving skills.
- Steps to help prepare your child for greater independence and success in adulthood.
PLUS: the most important parenting strategy to help improve behavior and make every other strategy work better.
This isn’t just a book, it’s a tool
that you can use in your life right away
to experience real change.
Life Will Get Better includes helpful features like:
- Real stories from real patients who have implemented these strategies.
- Key takeaways in each section for quick reference.
- Special chapter focused on the big picture needs for parents and the rest of the family.
- Topical organization and stand-alone sections to make it easy to maximize your time and focus on your own specific issues.
Parents will appreciate that the book is organized by topic, so they can turn to the sections most applicable to the issues they are facing right now. I have no doubt that life will get better for families who read and apply this information. This book truly is a MUST READ for parents looking for answers!"
PLUS every purchase includes these
EXCLUSIVE BONUSES JUST FOR READERS
"WHY DOES MY CHILD ACT LIKE THIS?"
A one-hour, inside look at key causes of attention, anxiety, mood and behavior challenges and what parents can do about them.
Full-color guides to the most important ideas and strategies from each section of the book so you can keep the concepts and tools handy for whenever you need them.
VENDOR & RESOURCE LIST
Access the preferred vendors and resources we use and recommend at my clinic.
So you can prioritize the strategies and approaches you want to use with your child.
The Resilient Parent: Everyday Wisdom for Life with Your Exceptional Child
This book is the perfect read for the parent who doesn’t want just another diagnostic
Dr. Nicole Beurkens’ book is a masterpiece for any parent whose child is struggling with attention, anxiety, mood or behavior challenges. Life Will Get Better lays out the most important aspects of how to help your child get back into balance. Her cutting edge approach is truly holistic and filled with great practical tips. The strategies in this book will help set your child up for a lifetime of emotional well-being. I wish I’d had something like this to give patients years ago!